Author(s): Proposals should be submitted by the first author.
Organization(s): List the organization of each author listed in the proposal.
Title of Contribution: Provide the title of the proposal.
Abstract (150 words):
To appear in the conference schedule. Must be submitted in the language of the presentation. The abstract should address the conference theme, describing the proposal’s topic and indicating the literatures, methods, evidence, and conclusions (for SoTL projects) or the literatures and current SoTL conversations it engages (for projects about SoTL).
Submission Format: Select one submission format related to your proposal:
- Pre-conference Workshop
- Speaking Circle – SoTL
- Speaking Circle – Reflection of Experience/Point of View
- Poster Session – SoTL
- Poster Session – Reflection of Experience/Point of View
- Traditional Presentation – SoTL
- Traditional Presentation – Reflection of Experience/Point of View
- Interactive Workshop – SoTL
- Interactive Workshop – Reflection of Experience/Point of View
- Welcome to My Classroom – 3M fellows only
Conference Threads: Select one thread related to your proposal:
- Spirit, Story, Awareness
- Physical, Knowledge, Growth
- Heart, Emotion, Reciprocity
- Mind, Wisdom, Engagement
Conference Keywords: Select up to three keywords below. NOTE: If you are a member of one of the affiliated groups or your presentation relates to one of the affiliated groups listed in the conference streams (e.g., Teaching Assistant and Graduate Student Advancement (TAGSA); Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Canada; College Sectors Educators Community; Educational Developers Caucus; 3M Fellows), you should select this from the list of keywords.
- Academic integrity
- Academic literacy
- Assessment for learning
- Collaborative learning
- Educational development
- Educational technology
- Experiential learning
- Faculty and instructor support
- Health education
- Innovation in evaluation
- Innovation in teaching
- Innovation in e-learning
- Professional literacy
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Theoretical models of learning
- Wellness in education
- Affiliated group – Teaching Assistant and Graduate Student Advancement (TAGSA)
- Affiliated group – Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Canada
- Affiliated group – College Sectors Educators Community
- Affiliated group – Educational Developers Caucus
- Affiliated group – 3M Fellows
Bibliography: Provide up to four references, not included in the abstract word count, following APA referencing and formatting standards.
Session Description (400 words):
Include relevance of topic to conference or pre-conference theme, importance of topic to teaching and learning, appropriate theory, research or practice, learning outcomes and methods to be used in the session. Please remove author names and institutional affiliations from the description.
Elements of Engagement (150 words):
Indicate how your session will encourage participant engagement and interaction (e.g., discussion, video, group activities, etc.) in line with both SoTL and workshop pedagogy.
Remarks on This Contribution (Optional): Remark/message from the author(s) to the program committee and chairs.